|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (PostDoc_TIA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: September 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 12 Months approximately (possibility of extension)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 20.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Technology and Evaluation (TiA) Area runs numerous projects related to a diversity of topics related to urban water management, circular economy and development of treatment technology. A common characteristic of many projects is that experimental work or data gathering work is carried out by the project team but frequently there is a capacity gap in the project team regarding processing the data with advanced statistical methods, develop or solve mathematical process models, or support the programming of software tools including decision support systems with designing process models.
To fill this gap the Technology and Evaluation Area is looking for a junior post-doc with interest in water management that can support a diversity of research projects by implementing and solving process models, carry out advanced data analysis and statistics and/ or interacts with software engineers for designing software tools based on research data.
We truly believe that this is an excellent opportunity for a communicative and interactive junior researcher that enjoys interacting with a diversity of project teams. Depending on the nature of the contribution, this is also an excellent opportunity to participate co-authoring scientific manuscripts.
You will never be bored!
As a note: we are aware that the scope as outlined above for this position is very broad. The scope, objectives and projects where the researcher will participate will be agreed with the research area leader, Prof Ignasi Rodríguez-Roda as a function of the skills of the prospective TiA researcher.
• We are seeking for a highly motivated researcher holding a PhD for less than 3 years.
• He/she will work in close collaboration with experimental researchers and software engineers across several research projects.
• Implement process models either to unit processes (such as anaerobic digestion, membrane filtration or advanced oxidation) or more complex systems.
• Advanced data processing with statistical tools either in a standard package (like statistica) or preferably in a flexible programming approach like Rstudio.
• Interact with software engineers to adapt process models for integration into software platforms such as online decision support systems.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
• Experience: PhD that demonstrates profound knowledge in any of the required skills, which could e.g. also be any kind of applied mathematics etc.
• Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written Spanish and English.
• Personality: open minded, communicative and collaborative
• Knowledge: Spanish, Catalan or Spanish language skills.
• Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- Process modelling and control such as applicable to the control of pilot-plants.
- Definition, adaptation and fitting of process models to experimental data, which may or may not entail the solving of differential equations.
- Implementation of advanced statistical modelling such as advanced regression analysis, machine learning techniques, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in the treatment of large amounts of data of diverse origin.
- Programming skills such as RStudio or C.
- Demonstrated previous experience in collaborative research projects.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of their studies
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter
- Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PostDoc_TIA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is August, 21st 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.