|OFERTA||PREDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (HYDROUSA)|
FECHA DE PUBLICACIÓN
FECHA LÍMITE PRESENTACIÓN OFERTAS
EMAIL ENVÍO CV
DESCRIPCIÓN DE LA OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: May 2019
- Temporal Position. The position is for 36 months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 15.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Areas at ICRA: Water Quality, Technologies and Evaluation
- Project: HYDORUSA “Demonstration of water loops with innovative regenerative business models for the Mediterranean region” is a European project with duration of 4.5 years (2018-2022).
HYDROUSA will offer innovative nature based solutions based for the management of water in islands and coastal areas of the Mediterranean, for wastewater treatment, nutrients recovery and supplying fresh water from unconventional water sources. ICRA in the HYDROUSA project will analyse selected organic micropollutants compounds along the water cycle and in the edible part of selected vegetables (irrigated with reclaimed water). Additionally, bacterial antibiotic resistance in the soil will be evaluated to determine potential effects of wastewater fertigation. ICRA will evaluate the performance of the solutions, identifying the most adequate reuse train, apply environmental risk assessment and evaluate food safety issues. Finally, ICRA will be also responsible of transferability to potential sites in the Mediterranean, in particular of Spain. (www.hydrousa.org)
- The PhD student will evaluate, along the water cycle, the presence of selected organic micropollutants (e.g. pesticides, industrial origin, pharmaceuticals - including antibiotics, Watch List Decision 2015/495) as well as their removal in treatment technologies and/or uptake in edible plants, in the context of circular economy.
- The tasks of the project involve:
- Development of analytical protocols for the analyses of selected micropollutants in water and/or edible plants
- Pre-treatment of the samples (extraction and preconcentration of contaminants), analyses and quantification (chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry), collection and evaluation of results in terms of micropollutants in water and edible plants.
- Identification of the most adequate reuse train in terms of contaminant reduction and plant uptake
- Writing scientific reports and scientific papers.
- As with all technicians, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory maintenance, etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: Master in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or similar
- Experience: Proven experience in analytical chemistry, LC/MS/MS chromatographic analyses in liquid samples (in natural and wastewater samples) and quantification of organic micropollutants
- Experience: Experience in Xcalibur and/or TraceFinder 3.1 (Thermo Fischer Scientific) and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English; knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- Knowledge/experience in wastewater treatment plants and nature based solutions
- Knowledge on contaminant uptake in vegetables
- Knowledge in the study of the fate of emerging pollutants in the environment
- Experience in international platform presentations and in paper/reports elaboration
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of their studies
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter
- Affiliation and e-mail contact of at least two reference people
- Applications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PreDoc_HYDROUSA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is 22nd April 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.