|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (ANTARES_Tech)|
FECHA DE PUBLICACIÓN
FECHA LÍMITE PRESENTACIÓN OFERTAS
EMAIL ENVÍO CV
DESCRIPCIÓN DE LA OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: September 2020
- Temporal position. The position is for 13 months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 18.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Set-up, operation and maintenance of a laboratory-scale anaerobic membrane bioreactor within the project “Analysis of antibiotic resistance and micropollutants biotransformation: bioRGO-enhanced anaerobic MBR and elucidation of degradation products (ANTARES)”. The aim is to explore the biotransformation of recalcitrant trace organic contaminants (e.g., antibiotics) and antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) when adding advanced conductive materials to anaerobic sludge. The project has a high innovation component and focuses on the multifunctional role of biologically reduced graphene oxide (bioRGO).
- Daily monitoring of the lab-scale reactor (sampling of influent and effluent and analysis of the key compounds).
- Ensuring wastewater provision to feed the reactor. Municipal wastewater will be collected from a local wastewater treatment plant in a weekly basis and stored in a 4ºC container.
- Conducting experiments with the reactor and evaluation of the data obtained.
- Writing periodic technical reports with the results obtained in the pilot plant.
- Preparation of scientific power point presentations for the technical meetings.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
Degree in chemical engineering, environmental science, chemistry and similar is required.
Previous experience in pilot/laboratory pilot plants set-up and operation. Demonstrated experience in research projects related to wastewater treatment.
Wastewater treatment processes, anaerobic biological reactions, biogas analysis, membranes, biochemical production tests.
The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English and good level of Spanish. Able to work with multidisciplinary teams and with minimum supervision, organised, independent. Driving Licence is required.
Master’s in environmental science, chemistry, chemical engineering and similar is not required but will be positively valued, as well as previous experience with LC-MS analysis.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Photocopy of the titles of your studies
Letter of interest for the position
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “ANTARES_Tech” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is 30 August, 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.