|OFERTA||MSCA Fellowship Opportunity with the Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
ICRA is looking for exceptional, highly-motivated and ambitious researchers of any nationality interested in developing collaborative applications for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships call (MSCA-IF-2017), funded by the EC Funding Programme Horizon 2020.
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships provide researchers from all over the world with the opportunity to acquire and transfer new knowledge and to work on research in a European context or outside Europe.
Support is foreseen for individual, trans-national fellowships awarded to the best or most promising researchers for employment in EU Member States or Associated Countries. Fellowships are either:
- European Fellowships: They are held in EU Member States or Associated Countries and are open to researchers either coming to Europe or moving within Europe for a period of 12 to 24 months. This action aims to support the career development of researchers for enhancing their individual competence diversification in terms of skills at multidisciplinary level and intersectoral experience.
- Global Fellowships: This action enhances the international dimension of European researchers’ career by financing research project to be carried out in two different countries. This action is based on a secondment to a third country (from 12 to 24 months) and a mandatory 12 month return period to a European host institution.
Further information about the scheme can be found here: H2020-MSCA-IF-2017. The Guide for Applicant, together with other relevant documents will be published on 11 April 2017 - until that date please refer to last year Application Package H2020-MSCA-IF-2016
ICRA has been created to conduct top-quality multidisciplinary research in the world of water science. Its Principal Investigators (PIs) and researchers come from a wide range of disciplines (ecology and environmental sciences, limnology, chemistry, engineering, biology) and are among the best in their respective fields, at both national and international level.
ICRA’s Research Plan is structured in three main research areas:
Resources and Ecosystems Area
- Hydrological processes
- Lacustrine and reservoir systems
- Fluvial systems
- Modelling of ecosystems and basin
Water Quality Area
- Chemical contamination of water bodies
- Pollutants in waste water
- Quality and microbial diversity
- Ecotoxicological response of biota to pollutants
Technologies and Evaluation Area
- Purification and distribution
- Treatment/reuse of waste water
- Modelling and management systems
For further information and for the complete list of ICRA´s PIs please visit ICRA website.
In addition to the attractive employment conditions, Marie Curie researchers have access to a generous Living, Mobility and Family allowance plus a contribution for Research, training and networking costs (see table here below). The project proposals will be submitted by ICRA as host organization.
Researcher unit cost
Institutional unit cost
Research, training and
Potential applicants should have a PhD or more than 4 years research experience, and be either resident in the European Union or outside for the European Fellowships. You are eligible to apply if you have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation (ICRA, Spain) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline, Thursday 14 September 2017 (mobility rule). Global Fellowships are based on a secondment to a third country and a mandatory 12 month return period to the European host. The researcher must comply with the mobility rules in the country where the Global Fellowship secondment takes place, not for the country of the return phase (ICRA, Spain).
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter, expressing your research interests and describing your project proposal (max 500 words);
- Curriculum Vitae, including the list of publications.
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
- Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit the required documentation is Friday 28th April 2017.
- Applications will be selected within two weeks. Selected candidates will be invited to meet the supervisor and visit the research environment of the Centre at the beginning of June 2017 .
- For more information please contact Laura Bertolini: Email, email@example.com, Phone +34 972 18 3380