|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW (ERC-E4H2O)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: March – April 2018
- Temporal position: The position is for 24 months, possibility of extensions
- Gross salary package: 24.000 – 31.000 € (Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications)
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ICRA is seeking a postdoctoral fellow in the area of environmental nanotechnology and/or nanoelectrochemistry. The scholar will conduct research on the development of engineered nanomaterials for electrochemical water treatment applications, in the scope of ERC Starting Grant ELECTRON4WATER - Three-dimensional nanoelectrochemical systems based on low-cost reduced graphene oxide: the next generation of water treatment systems (https://erc.europa.eu/press_release/erc-starting-grant-2016-project-examples). The project is lead by Dr. Jelena Radjenovic, who will also be the supervisor of this position. The successful applicant is expected to conduct independent research on the project, and work closely with the PhD students working on the project. The scholar will also be exposed to a multidisciplinary research environment at ICRA, and potentially involved in other projects involving nanengineered material synthesis and characterization.
Successful candidate will receive a two-year contract, with possible extensions based on performance to a current funding timeline of four years. Salary will depend on the previous experience of the candidate, as evaluated by the members of the reviewing committee.
The key objectives of the scientific work of the postdoctoral fellow are:
- Synthesis of three-dimensional, porous and particle-type electrodes based on carbon and graphene aerogels/hydrogels, and expanded graphite.
- Characterization of the synthesized electrode materials using surface analyses and electrochemical analyses.
- Tuning of the (electro) chemical characteristics and adsorption capacity of the synthesized three-dimensional electrodes to achieve a material with optimum electrocatalytic activity and electrochemical stability.
- Designing the nanoelectrolytic cell for the removal of target organic and inorganic contaminants from water.
- Investigating the mechanisms of electrocatalysis and electrosorption of target contaminants in a nanoelectrochemical system.
- Conduct experiments to pursue the above-mentioned objectives.
- Interpret the obtained results.
- Edit scientific publications to be submitted to leading scientific journals in the field of research.
- As with all PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory cleanings etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field.
- Knowledge: Experience in synthesis and characterization of carbon/grapheme-based aerogels and hydrogels is highly desired. Previous research experience in the field of fundamental electrochemistry, environmental electrochemistry and environmental applications of engineered nanomaterials will be considered a plus.
- Skills: Excellent English communitacion skills. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan will be taken favourably into account. High quality first author publications in peer-reviewed journals. Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
The following documentation is required in order to apply for this position. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Motivation letter
- Scientific and professional Curriculum Vitae, including work placements and an updated list of academic publications with their number of citations and journal impact factors.
- Short summary (maximum 1 page) to identify the main areas of research of the candidate.
- Contact details of 3 professional referees that can be contacted if the candidate is invited to attend an interview.
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. PostDoc_E4H2O in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is February, 18th 2018.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.