|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (Diatoms)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: November 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 6 to 9 Months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 24.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Diatoms are siliceous algae making up the largest fraction of algal assemblages in river systems. This group of algae is amongst the most sensitive to flow alterations occurring in river systems. In watercourses, flow decrease leads to flow interruption and desiccation, which favours resistant species to the new conditions. The candidate should explore the response of diatoms to water reduction and associated environmental consequences (including higher water temperature, decreased water level). Recent evidences indicate that the diatom aerophiles show peak occurrences under extreme non-flows period, tentatively pointing them as specialists to hydric stress. Given the obvious effects of climate and global change on watercourses, it is of great ecological interest to characterize the suitability of diatom taxa as specialist respondents in water flow reduction.
The candidate will determine the response of the diatom taxa to water flow reduction. For this, the selected candidate will assemble data sets of freshwater diatoms together with available hydrological and environmental data, and process these to qualify diatoms for their capacity to respond to climate change.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Biology or Environmental Sciences, and show a strong record in scientific publications, commensurate with his/her career stage. The candidate should be skilled on the taxonomy and ecology, of diatoms, and statistical data treatment, and show good ability in writing in English.
- Knowledge: Taxonomy and ecology of freshwater diatoms; ecology of freshwaters.
- Skills: Fine taxonomy of freshwater diatoms; Multivariate statistics; English writing
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
CV and Motivation Letter
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PostDoc_RIE” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is October, 22th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.