|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (E4H2O)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: Between March 1st and May 1st, 2019. Justified exceptions for a later start due to personal circumstances may be considered, but preference will be given to the candidates available to start in the above-mentioned dates.
- Temporal Position. The position is for 24 months, with possibility of contract extension up to 36 months
- Gross annual salary package: 24.000 – 31.000 € (depending on the previous research experience)
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ICRA is seeking a postdoctoral fellow in the area of material science, environmental electrochemistry and/or nanotechnology. The scholar will conduct research on the development of engineered nanomaterials for electrochemical water treatment applications, in the scope of ERC Starting Grant ELECTRON4WATER - Three-dimensional nanoelectrochemical systems based on low-cost reduced graphene oxide: the next generation of water treatment systems (https://erc.europa.eu/press_release/erc-starting-grant-2016-project-examples). The project is lead by Prof. Jelena Radjenovic, who will also be the supervisor of this position. The successful applicant is expected to conduct independent research on the project, and work closely with the PhD students working on the project. The scholar will also be exposed to a multidisciplinary research environment at ICRA, and potentially involved in other projects involving nanengineered material synthesis and characterization.
Successful candidate will receive a two-year contract, with possible extensions based on performance. Salary will depend on the previous research experience and publication record of the candidate, as evaluated by the members of the reviewing committee.
The key objectives of the scientific work of the postdoctoral fellow are:
- Synthesis of porous and particle-type electrodes based on reduced graphene oxide and other nanomaterials (e.g., two-dimensional metal oxides).
- Characterization of the synthesized electrode materials using surface analyses and electrochemical analyses.
- Tuning of the physico-chemical and electrical properties of the synthesized electrodes to achieve a material with optimum electrocatalytic activity and electrochemical stability.
- Application of the nanoelectrolytic cell for the removal of target organic and inorganic contaminants from water.
- Investigating the mechanisms of electrocatalysis and electrosorption of target contaminants in a nanoelectrochemical system.
- Conduct experiments to pursue the above-mentioned objectives.
- Interpret the obtained results.
- Edit scientific publications to be submitted to leading scientific journals in the field of research.
- As with all PhD students and postdoctoral fellows at ICRA, a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory cleanings etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering, Environmental Electrochemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Experience in synthesis and characterization of graphene-based and other nanomaterials is highly desired. Previous research experience in the field of fundamental electrochemistry, environmental electrochemistry and environmental applications of engineered nanomaterials will be considered a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan will be taken favourably into account.
- High quality first author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
The following documentation is required in order to apply for this position. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Motivation letter
- Scientific and professional Curriculum Vitae, including work placements and an updated list of academic publications with their corresponding journal impact factors.
- Short summary (maximum 1 page) to identify the main areas of research of the candidate.
- Contact details of 3 professional referees that can be contacted if the candidate is invited to attend an interview.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PostDoc_E4H2O” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is January, 31st 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.