|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (EdiCitNet_1)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: February 2019
- Temporal Position. The position is for 36 months (approximately)
- Gross annual salary package: 24.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Area at ICRA: Resources and Ecosystems (AI) and Technologies and evaluation (AIII).
- Projects where the researcher will work: EdiCitNet “Integrating Edible City Solutions for social resilient and sustainably productive cities” is a Horizon2020 project (GA 776665) started in September 2018 (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/216082_de.html).
The goal of EdiCitNet is to develop a network of cities that are committed to intersectoral water, nutrient and waste reuse-oriented management, through the implementation of Edible City Solutions (ECS), that is, Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) for food production. The project will demonstrate that these solutions allow for the regeneration of urban spaces with green infrastructures and empower citizens to produce food, and thus make an important step towards more sustainable, healthier and more socially cohesive cities, fostering also the growth of the local green economy. EdiCitNet involves the participation of 35 partners, including 5 front-runner cities (with their Living Labs), 7 dedicated follower cities and an interdisciplinary group of local authorities, research centers, SMEs and NGOs. The ICRA will lead the development of tools that facilitate urban planning incorporating this type of solutions, to face the social and environmental challenges with greater resilience.
- We are seeking for a highly motivated researcher (postgraduated or holding a PhD for less than 2 years ago) with a strong interest in ecosystem services, environmental economics, nature-based solutions and urban regeneration.
- The tasks in EdiCitNet will involve:
- Interaction with other EdiCitNet researchers on the definition of the socio-environmental indicators for the assessment of the effects of NBS.
- Literature review on edible NBS, focusing on additional ecosystem services provided.
- Identification of edible NBS to describe their performance against selected social, economic and environmental indicators.
- Interaction with Living Labs (front runner cities) and follower cities and collection of data, experience, lessons learnt and guidelines for an effective deployment of edible NBS.
- Design of the open access web-based catalogue, including a data base for exploring state-of-the-art and innovative edible NBS.
- Implementation and testing of the EdiCitNet catalogue.
- Writing scientific reports and scientific papers.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with another researcher responsible for the development of a support tool for urban planning in the case of EdiCitNet.
- He/she will have to interact with other project partners and together with a multidisciplinary team of ICRA research scientists.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: Master and/or PhD on Environmental Economics, Ecosystem Services, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Urban Ecology or similar.
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English and good level of Spanish.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- activities, knowledge/experience in nature-based solutions,
- previous experience in evaluation of ecosystem services, urban planning and GIS is positively evaluated,
- experience in modelling and/or development or use of decision support tools,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network,
- driving licence will be positively evaluated,
- knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of your studies
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter
- Aplications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “EdicitNet_1” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is January 31st 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.