|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (HYDROUSA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: March 2021.
- Temporal position. The position is for 18 months (approximately, possibility to extend)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 24.000-27.000 € (according to the candidate's skills and experience)
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Area at ICRA: Technologies and evaluation
- Project: HYDROUSA “Demonstration of water loops with innovative regenerative business models for the Mediterranean region” is a H2020 project (EU 2018 H2020) with a duration of 4.5 years (2018-2022).
HYDROUSA will offer innovative nature-based solutions based for the management of water in islands and coastal areas of the Mediterranean, for wastewater treatment, nutrients recovery and supplying fresh water from unconventional water sources. ICRA in the HYDROUSA project will analyse selected organic micropollutants compounds along the water cycle and in the edible part of selected vegetables (irrigated with reclaimed water). Additionally, bacterial antibiotic resistance in the soil will be evaluated to determine potential effects of wastewater fertigation. ICRA will evaluate the performance of the solutions, identifying the most adequate reuse train, apply environmental risk assessment and evaluate food safety issues. Finally, ICRA will be also responsible of transferability to potential sites in the Mediterranean, in particular of Spain. (www.hydrousa.org)
- The tasks to be accomplished by the postdoc fellow involve:
- Development of analytical methodologies based on suspect screening and non-target chromatography-mass spectrometry for environmental samples based on LC-HRMS.
- Environmental risk assessment of treated water effluents by HYDROUSA treatment solutions
- Human health risk assessment based on the findings of the monitoring of crops irrigated by reclaimed water in Greek sites.
- Analysis of microplastics in environmental samples
- Conducting bioaccesibility studies of vegetables irrigated with reclaimed water.
- Participation to project meetings and collaboration with WP6 leaders
- Writing scientific reports and scientific papers.
- As with all technicians, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory maintenance etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: PhD degree in Pharmacy, Environmental or Analytical Chemistry, or similar
- Experience: Proven experience in analytical chemistry, LC/MS/MS chromatographic analyses in environmental samples (liquid and biota) and quantification of organic micropollutants
- Experience: Experience in Xcalibur and/or TraceFinder 3.1 (Thermo Fischer Scientific) and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English; knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- knowledge/experience on metabolomics and on LC-HRMS analysis
- previous experience in the analysis of pharmaceuticals (e.g., of venlafaxine, included in the recent EU Watch list), their metabolites, and other organic micropollutants and microplastics in water and biota.
- evaluation of removal efficiency of organic micropollutants and assessment of their potential environmental risk assessment
- experience in performing in mesocosm and field studies.
- experience in international platform presentations and in paper/reports elaboration
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network.
- driving licence will be positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae including all scientific publications.
- Letter of interest for the position
- Contact details of reference persons (previous professional positions)
- DNI or NIE (valid and with work permit in Spain). If you do not have a NIE, please attach a statement that you commit to take the necessary steps to obtain a work and residence permit in Spain.
Aplications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “PostDoc_HYDROUSA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is January 28th 2021
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.