|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (inventWater)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: March 2021
- Temporal Position. The position is for 48 Months.
- Gross Annual Salary package: 30.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Project: “Inventive forecasting tools for adapting water quality management to a new climate’ — inventWater”
Development of predictive models of water quality in lakes and reservoirs, with an emphasis on climate change projections and meteorological and seasonal predictions. The work to be carried out will consist primarily in carrying out research tasks, aimed at obtaining a high level of professional development and specialization, in order to consolidate a professional career. This will include technical work in scientific investigations (hypothesis development, data analysis, publication) and management of a main research project. Complementary collaborations may be provided in research tasks in other research projects on related topics, as well as in teaching tasks related to the proposed research activity, subject to prior agreement with the department involved, with the approval of the entity for which provides services, and subject to current regulations on incompatibilities, to personnel at the service of public administrations.
Leading research in the field of forecasting water quality in lakes and reservoirs.
Management of research projects related to forecasting water quality in lakes and reservoirs.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: The candidate must be a doctor in Environmental Sciences or related discipline.
- Knowledge: No less than two years of experience in water quality forecasting techniques in lakes and reservoirs
- Skills: Coding in common scientific languages (R, Phyton), work with climate databases (e.g., Copernicus), work with high performance computer clusters.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
CV, 3 selected peer-reviewed publications in pdf, letter of interest
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PostDoc_inventWater” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is September, 28th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
- Final incorporation is subject to the availability of the funds necessary, through the provisions for a common pot in the Consortium Agreement of the Project inventWater, to be signed by all involved parties between October 2020 and February 2021.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.