|OFERTA||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (Thermal Water Recovery)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: January 2021
- Temporal Position. The position is for 2 years initially, with the possibility of extension.
- Gross Annual Salary package: 27.000 € to 30.000 € (depending on experience and skills)
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ICRA looks for a senior post-doc to work in the iWAYS project, a research project funded by the European Commission can carried out by ICRA together with approximately 20 European institutions coordinated by the University of Modena. iWAYS is a large collaborative project (total budget >10M€) that aims to increase energy, specifically heat recovery and reduce water abstraction in several industries. It is fully devoted to researching and implementing circular economy practices.
Specifically, ICRA is responsible for developing an approach to reduce water abstraction in the steel pipe manufacturing industry, whereby the core technologies for water recovery will be membrane distillation and steam condensation. ICRA will coordinate design and assembly of pilot facilities that shall be shipped in the second half of the 4-year project to the industry partner located in the Basque country. ICRA will coordinate the process integration of the water recovery technologies in the design phase and will also participate to the field testing (start-up and results evaluation, mainly). ICRA will also have contributions to the broader objectives of the project such as the establishment of conceptual frameworks for the implementation of heat and water recovery in a variety of industries.
The senior post-doctoral researcher contracted will be coordinating and implementing most of the technical project tasks allocated to ICRA, especially, if as foreseen the contract is extended to cover the full duration of the project. As part of the technical tasks, the contracted researcher will also coordinate communication and collaboration with the partners. He will also assist ICRA’s project office and his supervisor Dr Wolfgang Gernjak in preparing communications to the project coordinator, specifically regarding progress reports that are required for progress validation by the European Commission and the project coordinator.
Hence we look for a senior post-doctoral researcher that has experience in at least some of the following: thermal distillation and steam condensation, pilot-plants design and operation, evaluation and scientific communication of project results, working interdisciplinary and/ or intersectorial collaborations, EC projects and project management/ reporting. The person should be flexible to travel to project meetings and to the pilot site in the Basque country. The position offers a collaborative environment in a dynamic research centre and is supervised by Dr Wolfgang Gernjak.
- Participate in the development of specifications for water quality in industrial water recycling in relation to the case studies of the project.
- Participate in the development of assessment frameworks for heat and water recovery in industry.
- Designing and coordinating the assembly of a pilot plant for water recovery together with the industrial site owner (project partner).
- Co-ordinate shipment of manufactured pilot plant to industry site.
- Start-up and experimental planning for pilot (if contract is extended until end of project)
- Conducting lab trials to support either design or operation of the pilot plant.
- Reporting of project results in technical progress report and scientific publications.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: A university and a doctoral degree in chemical engineering, environmental sciences, chemistry or other degrees related to the position. At least 2 years post-doctoral experience in positions that relate to the position (membrane filtration, thermal distillation, membrane distillation, steam condensation etc).
- Knowledge: Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Skills: Open minded, communicative and collaborative as this position will form part of a multi-institutional project team.
- Design, assembly of pilot-plants
- Start-up, operation and evaluation of industrial pilots
- Previous work in collaborative EC projects. Active roles in other intersectorial (academic – industry) collaborations.
- Languages: in addition to English (see above) as the main project language, Spanish/Catalan for easy day-to-day communication.
- Membrane distillation, steam condensation and operational aspects of these technologies. Alternatively, knowledge on related technologies (e.g. other thermal distillation technologies).
- General knowledge about water treatment technology.
- Water quality, specifically as relevant to process implementation
- Process control algorithms and sensor technology in the broadest sense
- Knowledge about the steel industry (pipe manufacturing) or ceramics or chemical industry.
- IT skills related to process design or modelling (e.g. design software, programming languages).
- Edition of scientific publications and technical reports.
- Project management, specifically time management.
- Good command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
Motivation letter (1 page max), CV (3 pages max), list of 3 references (1 page max).
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “PostDoc_iWAYS” in the subject of the email.
Deadline for applications:
The deadline to submit the required documentation is October, 27th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by videoconference. References may be consulted.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate shortly after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.