|OFERTA||PREDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (PLAS-MED)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Research Area at ICRA: Water Quality
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: July 2018 - September 2018
- Temporal Position. The position is for 30 months (approximately).
- Gross salary package: 15.000 €/year
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Project: PLAS-MED “Microplastics and microcontaminants in the Mediterranean coast: Toxicity and environmental and human health impacts” (CTM2017-89701-C3-2-R) with a duration of 3 years (2018-2020).
PLAS-MED aims to identify the role of microplastics in the transfer of other micropollutants in freshwater and marine ecosystems on coastal areas of the Mediterranean Sea. PLAS-MED will assess the risks associated with microplastics and their ability to accumulate and transfer other contaminants to aquatic organisms and the toxic effects associated. These contaminants include emerging contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, personal care products, current-use pesticides, and contaminants of industrial origin.
These objectives will be achieved through the application of advanced methodologies and approaches such as mass spectrometry and metabolomics to characterise the behaviour, fate and effects of these pollutants in realistic environmental conditions.
- The researcher will conduct experiments in the aquatic mesocosms at ICRA and also field studies (Delta del Ebro).
- The tasks of the project involve:
- Running, control and monitoring of mesocosms facilities at ICRA
- Pre-treatments of samples, collection and evaluation of results in terms of standard parameters and micropollutants in water and biota (including quantification by means of chromatography-mass spectrometry)
- Writing scientific reports and scientific papers.
- As with all technicians, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory maintenance etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Bachelor degree (preferably Master) in Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or similar
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- experience in laboratory and/or in sampling and measuring campaigns,
- activities, knowledge/experience on ecotoxicology
- previous experience in water quality analyses and organic micropollutants is positively evaluated,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network.
- driving licence will be positively evaluated
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Copy of studies certifications (bachelor, master degree, etc.)
- Academic Record (with qualifications)
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
- A minimum of 1 Recommendation Letter
Aplications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PreDoc_PLAS-MED” in the subject of the email. The deadline to submit the required documentation is 10th June 2018.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.