DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: March-April, 2020
- Temporal position. The position is for 12 months, possibility of extensions up to 36 months.
- Gross Annual Salary package: 16.127,59 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ICRA is offering one PhD position in the scope of the ERC Starting Grant ELECTRON4WATER - Three-dimensional nanoelectrochemical systems based on low-cost reduced graphene oxide: the next generation of water treatment systems (www.electron4water.com), led by Prof. Jelena Radjenovic. The project is focused on the development of novel, nanostructured electrode materials and their implementation in electrochemical treatment of water/wastewater. It is aiming at overcoming some of the major limitations of current advanced water treatment technologies based on the usage of large amounts of chemicals, or merely physical separation of the contaminants from water and thus generation of residual waste streams.
The successful applicant will work closely with the postdoctoral fellows and students employed at the project, as well as other researchers at ICRA working in the related fields. The applicant will also be exposed to a multidisciplinary research environment at ICRA, have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, and enjoy collaboration opportunities with ICRA´s international academic and industrial partners. Successful candidate will receive a one-year contract, renewable every year till maximum 36 months after positive evaluation.
- Evaluation of novel electrode materials developed in the project (e.g., graphene foams) for the removal of persistent chemical and microbiologial pollutants from water (e.g., antibiotic resistant genes and bacteria).
- Running of electrochemical reactors and performing water analysis, which the applicant will receive training for.
- Edit scientific publications to be submitted to leading scientific journals in the field of research.
- As with all PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory cleanings etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience: Previous research experience in the field of i) nanostructured (graphene-related or other) material synthesis and characterization, ii) water/wastewater treatment, and/or iii) analysis of chemical or microbiological pollutants in water will be highly valued.
- Knowledge: Applicants should have a Master´s degree or equivalent degree that allows pursuing a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Skills: Excellent English communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan will be taken favourably into account.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
The following documentation is required in order to apply for this position. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Motivation letter, describing why you are interested in the field/project described and what make you a suitable candidate for this position and project. The selection will be based on the capacity of the applicants to benefit from the training, their ability to collaborate, as well as their creativity, initiative, and independence.
Scientific and professional Curriculum Vitae, including work placements and an updated list of academic publications (if any).
Contact details of 3 professional referees that can be contacted if the candidate is invited to attend an interview.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref.”PreDoc_E4H2O” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is February 19, 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.