|OFERTA||RESEARCH SCIENTIST POSITION (Area of Technologies and Evaluation)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Permanent Position
- Full Time Position
- Expected start: November 2019
- Gross Annual Salary package: 42.238,97 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA) based in Girona (Spain), is a research institute created in 2006 by the Catalan Government within the framework of the Research Centers Program of Catalonia. The trustees supporting ICRA are the Department of Economy and Knowledge from the Catalan Government, the Catalan Water Agency and the University of Girona. This research center tackles water-related issues from a comprehensive scientific and technological perspective. ICRA has the mission of implementing a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to water research, taking into account all the components related to water and wastewater cycles.
ICRA is offering a Research Scientist position in the Area of Technologies and Evaluation. The candidate will be part of the ongoing research line on “Modelling and integrated assessment”. The position requires extensive experience in the Integrated Management of Urban wastewater Systems and Sustainability Assessment. The candidate will be leading research activities related to the achievement of the sustainable development goals for sanitation by developing decision support tools. The candidate will also run research activities which support the implementation of the water framework directive.
The candidate will join a multidisciplinary research environment, having to interact in a regular basis with analytical chemists, ecologists, microbiologist and engineers.
- Acquisition of research funds (competitive international and national, from industry)
- Leading a research unit
- Training of qualified personnel
- Team building
- Dissemination of research outcomes to the scientific community and to the general public
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Minimum of 10 years of research experience after defending the PhD;
- Minimum of 2 years of international Postdoctoral research experience, preferably in a well-recognized research institution;
- Excellent scientific track record in terms of peer-reviewed scientific publications and international conferences presentations.
- Positive research evaluation label (e.g. in Spain from the Spanish Programa I3 (Programa de Incentivación de la Incorporación e Intensificación de la Actividad Investigadora – ICA/Ingeniería Civil y Arquitectura) or similar in other countries.
- Demonstrated capability of attracting international competitive funding (i.e. from FP7 and H2020);
- Demonstrated capability of attracting national competitive funding;
- Demonstrated capability of attracting funding from industrial partners;
- Demonstrated experience of leading his/her own research group (i.e. Principal Investigator in competitive research projects; senior author in scientific publications);
- Demonstrated experience as co-supervisor of PhD thesis.
- Experience in leading international working networks;
- Participation in international working networks, scientific committees or editorial boards in scientific peer reviewed journals.
- PhD degree in Environmental Sciences/Environmental Engineering or related areas;
- Knowledge on sustainability assessment (Life Cycle Assessment);
- Knowledge on the integrated management of urban wastewater systems with their receiving water bodies; this involves having experience in monitoring and modelling these integrated systems and propose actions to facilitate the implementation of the water framework directive;
- Knowledge on wastewater treatment systems;
- Knowledge on the development of decision support systems;
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English, spoken and written, is essential.
- Participation in commissions of trust (i.e. Scientific Evaluation of PhD thesis, Scientific Evaluation of Research Projects, Scientific Evaluation of a fellowships, Member of the scientific or the organizing committee of conferences);
- Short-term scientific missions or research stays in prestigious international research centers;
- Patents will be positively evaluated.
- Multidisciplinary research
- Knowledge of the Catalan and Spanish languages will be positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants have to send full application consisting of Curriculum Vitae and statement letter addressing his/her research interests.
- Provide two updated recommendation letters from experts in the field.
Aplications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. ‘RESEARCH SCIENTIST AIII3’ in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is September, 06th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.