|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (BIOMOL)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research (Girona, Spain)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: January 1st, 2018
- Temporal Position. The position is for 2 months
- Gross salary package: 15.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
We are studying the abundance and diversity of antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) in aquatic environments receiving anthropogenic pollution. The position is intended to hire a research technician able to quantify ARGs in water samples using quantitative PCR (qPCR) as well as to support subsequent data processing and interpretation.
The research technician will be in charge of:
- DNA extraction from collected samples
- Quantification of ARGs in DNA extracts
- Computer analysis of genetic data and writing sample reports.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Knowledge: Candidates must have a degree in Biology/Biotechnology and a MsC degree on Molecular Biology or related fields.
- Experience: Analysis of antibiotic resistance genes in the environment, molecular techniques (qPCR, PCR, cloning, metagenomics).
- Skills: Previous experience on the use of molecular techniques applied to aquatic microbial ecology, antibiotic resistance, microbial phylogeny and bioinformatics will be considered. Experience on environmental chemistry or related fields will be also valuable.
- Languages: Spanish, Catalan and fluency in English with good communication (oral and writing) skills is also essential.
- Competences: Highly motivated person with interests in water sciences, aquatic microbial ecology, antibiotic resistance, and environmental genomics. Laboratory skills, self-confidence, team working capacity, initiative, and determination.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Applicants have to send full application consisting of Curriculum Vitae (with qualifications), a statement letter addressing his/her research interests, and the contact details for at least one academic referee.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “BIOMOL_Tech” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is December 11th, 2017.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.