|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (RT_CLEaN-TOUR)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: September 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 2 months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 15.000€
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Area at ICRA: Technologies and evaluation (AIII)
- Project: CLEaN-TOUR “Circular economy to facilitate urban water reuse in a touristic city: centralized or decentralized?” is a RETOS project (CTM2017-85385-C2-1-R) with a duration of 3 years (2018-2021).
The CLEaN-TOUR project will demonstrate the safe use of reclaimed water for irrigation and other uses, thus illustrating water reuse as a step forward towards a circular economy in touristic regions. It will analyse centralized systems and decentralized systems (applying water segregation) tackling: (i) the removal of micropollutants and some pathogens, (ii) the evaluation of the potential risks of water reuse, and (iii) the difficulties in selecting the most adequate scenario (centralized or decentralized) with innovative treatment technologies (osmotic membrane bioreactors and hydroponic technologies).
- The Research Technician will conduct experiments with greywater treatment technologies in the context of circular economy in the laboratories of ICRA and/or in the DEMO site (Lloret de Mar).
- The tasks of the project involve:
- Evaluation, installation and tests with sensors for temperature and light in the hydroponic (WP2)
- Running, control and monitoring of a hydroponic technology for greywater treatment and nutrient recovery (WP2);
- Contribution to the acquisition of knowledge that will make up the decision-making tool to evaluate centralized vs. decentralized reuse scenarios (WP4).
- As with all technicians, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory maintenance etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Knowledge: Bachelor degree in Environmental Science or similar
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- experiences in WWTP control and risk managements
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network
- knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
- driving licence will be positively evaluated
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation Submitted: application letter and CV (can be in Catalan).
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “RT_CLEaN-TOUR” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is August 14th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.