|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Cloroalcans)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Position: Research Technician
- Expected start: September 2017
- Temporal Position. The position is for 7 months
- Gross salary package: 20.000 €/year divided into 12 payments
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Analysis of priority substances (HBCD) and emerging contaminants (Chloroalkanes) in water samples by GC-MS-MS and LC-MS-MS.
- To develop an analytical methodology to be able to determine and quantify polychlorinated alkanes in water samples by gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry in tandem (GC-MS-MS). Analytical parameters such as recoveries, reproducibility, limits of detection and limits of quantification, will be described. Then, analytical method will be applied to the determination of chloroalkanes in different water samples. Finally, a report including all these results will be elaborated.
- To perform sample preparation, identification by mass spectrometry techniques (liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry in tandem (LC-MS-MS)) and quantification by isotopic dilution method to determine hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) in different water samples collected during 2017-18 in different points of Catalonia. Finally, a report including all these results will be elaborated.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: in analysis at trace level of emerging organic pollutants (preferably, non-polar compounds such as flame retardants) in environmental samples:
- Knowledge of extraction (PLE, ultrasound ...) and purification (SPE) techniques.
- Knowledge of analysis by GC and LC coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (MS-MS): experience in the selection of chromatographic columns as well as chromatographic parameters such as temperature programs, mobile phase selection, etc.
- Knowledge of quantification by isotopic dilution technique: experience in criteria for analyte identification as well as in establishing calibration curves and calculating concentration levels.
- Knowledge: Degree in Environmental Sciences
- Skills: English, Spanish, and Catalan
- Others: Availability and mobility to work most of the time in the Barcelona area.
Desirable: Ability to good plan work as well as teamwork
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation Submitted: CV and motivation letter
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. ‘Tech_Cloroalcans’ in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is June, 26th 2017.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.