|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (EdiCitNet)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: August 2019
- Temporal Position. The position is for 12 Months (Approximately)
- Part Time Position (1.283,25 h/year)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 13.500 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Area at ICRA: Resources and Ecosystems (AI) and Technologies and evaluation (AIII).
- Projects where the researcher will work: EdiCitNet “Integrating Edible City Solutions for social resilient and sustainably productive cities” is a Horizon2020 project (GA 776665) started in September 2018 (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/216082_de.html).
The goal of EdiCitNet is to develop a network of cities that are committed to intersectoral water, nutrient and waste reuse-oriented management, through the implementation of Edible City Solutions (ECS), that is, Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) for food production. The project will demonstrate that these solutions allow for the regeneration of urban spaces with green infrastructures and empower citizens to produce food, and thus make an important step towards more sustainable, healthier and more socially cohesive cities, fostering also the growth of the local green economy. EdiCitNet involves the participation of 35 partners, including 5 front-runner cities (with their Living Labs), 7 dedicated follower cities and an interdisciplinary group of local authorities, research centers, SMEs and NGOs. The ICRA will lead the development of tools that facilitate urban planning incorporating this type of solutions, to face the social and environmental challenges with greater resilience.
- The tasks in EdiCitNet will involve:
- Development of an automatic and online survey for ECS.
- Design and development of an open access web-based catalogue DSS, including a data base for exploring state-of-the-art and innovative edible NBS. This catalogue should allow for the selection and comparison of ECS against selected social, economic and environmental indicators.
- Design, development and implementation of a virtual framework for a serious game as decision support tool for urban participatory planning and scenario analysis including ECS.
- He/she will have to interact with a multidisciplinary team of ICRA research scientists and together with other project partners, to get their inputs into the web-based platform.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish. Studies on Industrial engineering, informatics, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, telecommunications engineering.
The important is to have a strong background on programming.
Optional is to have experience in - C/C++/C#/Java, R / Matlab / Simulink, AT Commands, Ruby, Node JS, Scala, Arduino / Raspberry Pi, Go Lang, Matplotlib / d3js
Experience in applications for mobile phones (IoS, Android) is and added value.
Having gone through an MBA is also an added value.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of your studies
- Curriculum Vitae
- Presentation/motivation letter
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_EdiCitNet” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is July, 22nd 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.