|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (EdiCitNet)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: March 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 7 months (approximately)
- Gross annual salary package: 24.000€
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- Research Area at ICRA: Technologies and evaluation (AIII)
- Project: EdiCitNet “Integrating Edible City Solutions for social resilient and sustainably productive cities” is a Horizon2020 project (GA 776665) started in Sept 2018 (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/216082_de.html).
The goal of EdiCitNet is to develop a network of cities that are committed to intersectoral water, nutrient and waste reuse-oriented management, through the implementation of Edible City Solutions (ECS), that is, Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) for food production. The project will demonstrate that these solutions allow for the regeneration of urban spaces with green infrastructures and empower citizens to produce food, and thus make an important step towards more sustainable, healthier and more socially cohesive cities, fostering also the growth of the local green economy. EdiCitNet involves the participation of 35 partners, including 5 front-runner cities (with their Living Labs), 7 dedicated follower cities and an interdisciplinary group of local authorities, research centers, SMEs and NGOs. The ICRA will lead the development of tools that facilitate urban planning incorporating this type of solutions, to face the social and environmental challenges with greater resilience.
We are seeking for a highly motivated research technician with a strong interest in political and social sciences applied to the water sector.
The tasks of the researcher will involve:
- To boost EdiCitNet in Girona and St. Feliu de Llobregat. Participation in the co-design process for the creation of community food spaces in Girona and St. Feliu de Llobregat. Technical issues, resource management, citizen participation, as well as monitoring from an academic point of view.
- Creation of participation tables in the 2 cities
- Follow up of the nature-based solutions from the 2 cities
- Analysis of results, proposal of upscaling at neighbourhood level, and reporting to EdiCitNet partners
- Collaborate in the design of the serious game workshops in the two cities.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with 2 other researchers working on development of a catalogue and of a serious game
- He/she will have to interact with other project partners and together with a multidisciplinary team of ICRA research scientists.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: BsC in political sciences, sociology, or equivalent
- Knowledge: The research technician must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- activities, knowledge/experience in the application of political sciences or sociology in the water sector,
- facilitation, event organization, groups dynamics, focus group research, participatory action research, backcasting,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network,
- game development and other science to policy/public communication approaches
- driving licence will be positively evaluated,
- knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of your studies
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
Aplications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_EdiCitNet” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is February 18th 2020.
- Selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.