|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Hydrousa)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: July 2018
- Temporal position. The position is for 24 months (approximately)
- Gross annual salary package: 15.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Research Area at ICRA: Technologies and evaluation
Project: Hydrousa “Demonstration of water loops with innovative regenerative business models for the Mediterranean region” is a European project with a duration of 4.5 years (2018-2022).
HYDROUSA will offer innovative nature based solutions based for the management of water in islands and coastal areas of the Mediterranean, for wastewater treatment, nutrients recovery and supplying fresh water from unconventional water sources. It will establish the water-energy-food-employment nexus by creating jobs, strengthening the economy and ensuring that the community and interest groups are committed.
The technician will conduct experiments in order to evaluate, along the water cycle, selected organic micropollutants (pesticides, industrial origin, pharmaceutical - including antibiotics - personal care products, Watch List Decision 2015/495) as well as their update in edible plants, in the context of circular economy.
- The tasks of the project involve:
- Pre-treatments of samples (SPE), analyses and quantification (chromatography and mass spectrometry), collection and evaluation of results in terms of micropollutants in water and food.
- Writing scientific reports and scientific papers.
- As with all technicians, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory maintenance, etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
Master in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Proven experience in analytical chemistry, LC/MS/MS chromatographic analyses in liquid samples (in natural and wastewater samples) and quantification of organic micropollutants and in particular of the ones included in the Watch List Decision 2015/495.
Experience in Xcalibur and TraceFinder 3.1 (Thermo Fischer Scientific).
The researcher should have knowledge on contaminant uptake in vegetables.
The researcher must be proficient in oral and written English; knowledge of the Spanish and Catalan languages is also positively evaluated.
Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- experience in sampling campaigns (WWTP and natural waters)
- knowledge/experience in conventional activated sludge systems
- experience in international platform presentations and in paper/reports elaboration
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of their studies
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter
Aplications and Deadline/Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_HYDROUSA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is 21st June 2018.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.