|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (INVEST)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: 01/10/2019
- Temporal Position. The position is for 24 Months (Approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 21.000 € – 27.000 € according to experience
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
INVEST is a project funded by MCIU (Spain) and aims at evaluating global change effects on the concentrations of contaminants in freshwater ecosystems. The Global change effects studied in INVEST include the effect of ageing population and climate change (change in precipitation patterns and temperature). The global change effects in combination with the requirements fo the Water Framework directive will exert the need for investment in urban water treatment infrastructure. The second principal objective of INVEST relates hence on optimizing investment decisions, e.g. to answer the question on where to best invest in a catchment that includes the interactions of multiple wastewater treatment plants, drinking water plants and opportunities for water reuse.
To achieve these goals the successful candidate will participate in the following tasks:
- Development of a spatially-distributed and integrated model of the Llobregat river basin which includes urban water treatment infrastructure and freshwater ecosystems. This model describes the fate and removal of macro and micropollutants; an existing model will be adapted for this purpose.
- Propose and evaluate cost and performance functions for the different global change mitigation strategies;
- Integrate global change projections into the analysis of pressures and impacts requested by the Water Framework Directive;
- Assess Global change effects on the concentrations of contaminants in freshwater ecosystems and mitigation strategies defined.
The position will report to Dr Wolfgang Gernjak and Dr Lluis Corominas.
- The main responsibility of the successful candidate is to contribute to achieving the objectives outlined above
- Edition of scientific manuscripts to be published in high impact peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Knowledge dissemination through scientific conferences.
- Edition of technical reports
- Participation in stakeholder engagement with water authorities
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Education: University degree at master level in environmental sciences, biology, applied mathematics, chemical engineering or related
- Experience: previous research experience; scientific publishing;
- Skills: modelling, statistics, proficient user of at least one programming language, scientific writing, proficient user of spoken and written English
- Education: Holding a PhD in environmental sciences or similar;
- Knowledge: fate and removal of contaminants, water chemistry, freshwater ecosystems, water treatment technologies
- Skills: use of GIS based tools, scientific writing, demonstrated abilities of stakeholder engagement, knowledge of Spanish or Catalan
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Motivation Letter and CV, recommendations to be made available upon request.
Aplications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_INVEST” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is July, 18th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.