|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Tech_TRAÇA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: January 2021
- Temporal position. The position for 14 months.
- Gross annual salary package: 20.000 – 24.000 €, to be determined according to the candidate’s experience.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The TRAÇA, funded by the “Catalan Water Agency”, aims to develop two water quality models, a simple one to be implemented in a series of river basins in Catalonia, and dealing with several pollutants from industrial and domestic origin; and a more complex one to be implemented in the lower section of the Llobregat river dealing with selected pollutants from domestic origin. Both models will use databases of pollutants occurrence on one hand, and emission permits on the other hand. A research technician experienced with GIS and relational databases such as PostgreSQL will compile and review the databases of pollutants occurrence and emission permits, linking the database with Q-GIS and with the models to be developed by another research technician. This work will result in at least 2 scientific publications in scientific journals of the first quartile, as well as on a tool to be used by any river basin district authority in the EU.
We are seeking for a highly motivated researcher, with a strong interest in water quality and GIS.
He/she will work in close collaboration with a research technician working with the development of 2 models associated with the database.
The tasks in TRAÇA will involve:
- Compile and review the database on pollutants occurrence.
- Compile and review the database on emission permits.
- Support the co-development of the 2 models.
- Literature reviews on tertiary treatment, compiling evidences on treatment costs.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the rest of the research team, and on monthly meetings with technicians from the Catalan Water Agency.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: Degree or Master on Physical Geography, Environmental Sciences, or similar.
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in Q-GIS and relational databases such as PostreSQL, and must read and speak Spanish and Catalan to work with the databases of the Catalan Water Agency.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- activities, knowledge/experience in water quality modelling,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network,
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Photocopy of the titles of your studies.
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position.
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_TRAÇA” in the subject of the email. The deadline to submit the required documentation is November, 30th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.