|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (TRICERATOPS)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: beginning of June
- The position is a temporal position for 2 months (approximately)
- Gross annual salary package: 18.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The “Triceratops project” (https://www.psa.es/es/projects/triceratops/index.php) is looking for a technician to assist in lab-scale experiments employing photochemical degradation devices (collimated beams) and chlorination of aqueous samples containing trace organic contaminants and / or natural organic matter.
- Preparation of experiments, solutions etc
- Conducting experiments
- Sample pre-treatment prior to instrumental analysis
- Compilation of results and preliminary interpretation
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience: Prior laboratory experience with advanced oxidation or chlorination and sample pre-treatment of aqueous samples
- Knowledge: Principles of oxidation processes
- Skills: Demonstrated laboratory skills
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae (further evidence of university degree and grades may be asked for during the selection process if needed), references upon request
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. ‘TRI_Tech” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is May, 28th 2018.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.