|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Water Reclamation)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: October 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 20 months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 18.000 – 22.000 € to be arranged according to the candidate’s skills.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Technology and Evaluation (TiA) Area at ICRA looks for a research technician to work in the SUGGEREIX project, a research project funded by the Catalan Water Agency (ACA) and carried out by ICRA together with Eurecat, Cetaqua, UPC and the Catalan Water Partnership.
Specifically, ICRA is responsible for reviewing and developing strategies for water quality monitoring including hazard prioritization (Work package 2). ICRA will also review online monitoring strategies for operational monitoring of individual barriers in water reclamation plant (Work package 2), while other entities in the consortium focus on risk management and treatment technology review (Work packages 3 and 4). ICRA is also responsible for integrating the information obtained in these technical work packages into a decision support system (Work package 5) that will allow generating suggestions for treatment trains and related decisions for the provision of reclaimed water.
For executing these tasks, we look for a motivated research technician to become a member of the SUGGEREIX research team. The position offers a collaborative environment across several Catalan institutions and water related disciplines. The position requires a communicative person, able to communicate with project partners, stakeholders and funders, carry out critical literature reviews of scientific literature and grey literature including water quality guidelines from a diversity of sources such as the World Health Organization. It also requires a methodological mind to structure information in such a way that the Decision Support Tool can be based on the reports and databases being generated.
- We are seeking for a highly motivated research technician that enjoys teamwork to become a member of the SUGGEREIX team.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with project stakeholders and partners.
- He/she will review scientific and grey literature related to water quality parameters and water quality monitoring in reclaimed water generation. The reviewed information will be compiled in overview reports and detailed databases.
- He/she will work with other project team members in structuring information for the inclusion in source databases for the decision support system.
- Participate in the edition of technical reports and deliverables summarizing the main project outcomes.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: A university degree in chemical engineering, environmental sciences, chemistry or other degrees related to the position.
- Knowledge: Proficiency in oral and written Catalan as the project working and reporting language is Catalan. As much of the source information for literature reviews will be English, a high command of the English language is required, too.
- Skills: Open minded, communicative and collaborative as this position will form part of a multi-institutional project team.
- Experience: Previous work experience in water quality or technology related positions.
- chemical water quality
- analytical chemistry applied to water quality assessment
- on-line water quality monitoring
- treatment technology applied to wastewater treatment and reclaimed water production
- decision support systems.
- Demonstrable experience of edition of literature reviews and/ or technical reports.
- Participation in scientific publications.
- Project management.
- Good command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Any background or skills in programming languages.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
Motivation letter and CV (no longer than 3 pages)
Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “Suggereix_RT” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is August, 28th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate shortly after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.