DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: 01/03/2018
- Temporal Position. The position is for 4 months
- Gross salary package: 15.600 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The candidate will be in charge of operating 3 pilot plants that simulate processes involved in the nitrogen removal from domestic wastewater. The main responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of the feed entering the reactor
- Performing cycle studies that consist in taking samples from the pilot plants in a certain time interval
- Conducting chemical and microbiological analysis
- Calibrating the online proves connected in the pilot plants
- Participating in other lab duties
Pilot plant set-up and operation: in particular the candidate will be operating nitrifying and anammox reactors.
Chemical and microbiological analysis
Microscopic analysis of sludge samples
Writing of scientific reports with the obtained data
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: previous experience in operation of similar pilot plants. Experience with SCADA systems and PLCs. Also experience with online and offline monitoring of these pilot plants. Experience in performing experiments with micropollutants and in particular pharmaceutical and endocrine disrupting compounds.
- Knowledge: strong background in biological wastewater treatment processes and in particular in transformation of micro and macro pollutants during the nitrogen conversion.
- Skills: able to work in multidisciplinary research environments, able to analyse data of chemical analysis and write scientific reports and papers
Desirable: proficiency level of English. Good communication abilities. Supervision of students.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
CV and Motivation Letter.
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. ‘RES_Tech’ in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is February, 16th 2018.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.