|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (RT2_TRAÇA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1.
- Expected start: January 2021
- Temporal position. The position for 12 months (possibility of an extension of 12 extra months).
- Gross annual salary package: 26.000 – 31.000 €, to be determined according to the candidate’s experience.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The TRAÇA, funded by the “Catalan Water Agency”, aims to develop two water quality models, a simple one to be implemented in a series of river basins in Catalonia, and dealing with several pollutants from industrial and domestic origin; and a more complex one to be implemented in the lower section of the Llobregat river dealing with selected pollutants from domestic origin. Both models will use databases of pollutants occurrence on one hand, and emission permits on the other hand. A research technician holding a PhD (postdoc) with a background on water quality modelling will develop the simple model during the first 8 months of contract, and then follow with the more complex one during the next 6 months, leaving almost 10 additional months to finalize publications and for dissemination. This work will result in at least 2 publications in scientific journals of the first quartile, as well as on a tool to be used by any river basin district authority in the EU.
We are seeking for a highly motivated researcher holding a PhD, with a strong interest in water quality modelling.
He/she will work in close collaboration with a research technician working with the data compilation and mining, setting the relational databases with PostgreSQL in QGIS.
The tasks in TRAÇA will involve:
- Co-develop a simple pressure-impact water quality model for several contaminants accounting for industrial and domestic point sources (task 1.3 and 1.5 in the project).
- Co-develop a more advanced water quality model for selected contaminants accounting for domestic point sources, and the treatment technologies used (task 2.4 in the project).
- Write 2 scientific publications as leading author, and contribute to at least a third one.
- Participate in monthly meetings with technicians of the Catalan Water Agency.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: PhD on Water Quality Modelling, Environmental Sciences, or similar.
- Knowledge: The researcher must be proficient in oral and written Spanish and English.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- activities, knowledge/experience in water quality modelling,
- previous experience in Q-GIS and PostgreSQL is positively evaluated,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network,
- knowledge of the Catalan language is also positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Photocopy of the titles of your studies.
- Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position.
- A minimum of 1 recommendation letter.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “RT2_TRAÇA” in the subject of the email. The deadline to submit the required documentation is December, 13th 2020.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by mid Dec.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.