|OFERTA||TECHNICAL SUPPORT PERSONNEL (PTA)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: October-November 2021
- Temporal Position. The position is for 36 Months.
- Gross Annual Salary package: 17.920€
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
We are currently looking for a highly motivated person with interest and background in analytical chemistry to apply for a national call of Technical Support Personnel (PTA) and if he or she succeed will join the Scientific and Technical Services (SCT) of ICRA in the LC/MS division.
The job will be focused on target and non-target analysis of organic contaminants in aqueous samples. The main tasks will be:
- Reception and pre-treatment of samples.
- Extraction and purification of samples following in place methodologies (mainly SPE).
- Quantification of target compounds using appropriate software.
- Assist in the development of a non-target workflow for the detection and identification of relevant contaminants.
- Preparation of results reports.
- Maintenance of the lab in proper operating conditions, clean and ordered, as well as remove waste materials generated by laboratory activity.
- Other administrative duties related to the lab work and maintenance of stocks.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
Experience: demonstrable previous experience in analytical chemistry, particularly working with Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry.
Knowledge: Extraction, purification and quantification of organic contaminants using target analysis. Knowledge in non-target analysis is highly desirable.
Skills: Experience with basic laboratory equipment such as analytical balances, automatic pipettes, filtration systems, pH meter, etc. Experience performing Solid Phase Extraction is required and making up standards solution highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
DNI or NIE (valid and with work permit in Spain). If you do not have a NIE, please attach a statement that you commit to take the necessary steps to obtain a work and residence permit in Spain.
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. ‘PTA’ in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is January, 18th 2021.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Call application: the candidate selected will participate in the preparation of the documents required for the application of the call open between Jan 21st and Feb the 4th.
- Call results published: once the results of the call have been published (by October) if the candidate has been granted a job offer will be sent to him or her.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate within 20 days (aproximately) of the call results have been published.