11th European Conference on Pesticides and Related Organic Micropollutants in the Environment & 17th Symposium on Chemistry and Fate of Modern Pesticides
June 23 - 26, 2022 at the Conference Centre University of Ioannina
ICRA Director Damià Barceló is a member of the Scientific Committee of the 11th European Conference on Pesticides and Related Organic Micropollutants in the Environment & the 17th Symposium on Chemistry and Fate of Modern Pesticides, originally scheduled for 20-23 September 2020 and then 13-16 June 2021, has been rescheduled as PESTICIDES2022 for June 23 - 26, 2022 at the Conference Centre University of Ioannina "Karolos Papoulias", Ioannina, Greece.
The Conference is organized by the Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences, University of Ioannina in cooperation with the Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development (I.E.S.D.), the University Research Center of Ioannina, the International Association of Environmental Analytical Chemistry (IAEAC), the European-Mediterranean Association for Environmental Education Assessment and Protection (ENEAP), the Gruppo di Ricerca Italiano Fitofarmaci e Ambiente (GRIFA) and the National Research Infrastructure for the Comprehensive Characterization of Foods (FoodOmics).
The program will try to bring together scientists interested on pesticides and the environment, as well as to highlight all the latest methodologies, modeling tools and theoretical approaches which will attract researchers from the international scientific community to exchange ideas and to be informed on a particularly serious problem concerning the quality of the natural environment.
At this point we would like to invite all our colleagues to submit their abstracts and we look forward to welcoming you all in the 11th European Conference on Pesticides and Related Organic Micropollutants in the Environment & the 17th Symposium on Chemistry and Fate of Modern Pesticides to share experiences with other high-level professors, colleagues and friends, representing many well-known Universities and Institutes together with members of relevant international organizations
Overview of the topics:
- Occurrence, fate, transportation and behavior of pesticides and related micropollutants in the environment
- Monitoring of pesticide residues, metabolites and emerging pollutants in water, sediment, soil, air and biota
- Levels of pesticides in food and food safety aspects
- New analytical techniques (green, micro, sensor-based methods, etc...) and strategies for the analysis of pesticides and related organic pollutants
- Recent developments in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry for the determination of environmental and food contaminants
- Fate modelling in the environment
- Environmental protection and remediation techniques. Technology breakthrough for the removal of pesticides and emerging pollutants
- (Eco) toxicity and environmental risk assessment.
- Omics technologies for toxicological and environmental risk assessment
- Pesticides regulation and use
- Policy relevance for the environment and food/feed safet
More information: https://pesticides2022.gr/index.php