|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Tech_MODEL)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: May 2021
- Temporal position. The position for 12 months (approximately)
- Gross annual salary package: 21.500 – 24.000 €, to be arranged according to the candidate’s skills.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The EESAM, funded by the “Catalan Water Agency”, aims to develop a socio-environmental model for the prediction of both freshwater ecological status and ecosystem services as a function of pressures and stressors in a river basin. This model will be the basis of a decision-support system to be co-develop with technicians from the Catalan Water Agency, and which will allow managers to identify management actions providing the best benefit : cost ratio, estimating benefit from the ecological status and ecosystem services gains. A postdoc with a background on environmental modelling will develop the socio-environmental model during the first 6 months of contract, and then follow with the co-development of the decision-support system. This work will result in either 1 or 2 publications in scientific journals of the first quartile, as well as on a tool to be used by any river basin district authority in the EU.
We are seeking for a highly motivated Research Technician with a strong interest in environmental modelling and freshwater ecosystems.
He/she will work in close collaboration with a computer scientist working with the programming of the model and the decision-support system.
The tasks in EESAM will involve:
- Develop a socio-environmental model.
- Co-develop a decision-support system with technicians from the Catalan Water Agency.
- Write 1 or 2 scientific publications.
- Participate in monthly meetings with technicians of the Catalan Water Agency.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
Experience: 2 years of experience on Environmental Modelling, Environmental Sciences, or similar.
Knowledge: The research technician must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish.
- Skills: Any of the following past research experiences will be judged favourably in the selection process:
- activities, knowledge/experience in hydrological or biogeochemical modelling,
- previous experience in development of complex process-based models is positively evaluated,
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team; she/he must be creative, flexible, and eager to learn and to expand his /her scientific network,
- knowledge of the Catalan language is also positively evaluated.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Curriculum Vitae and letter of interest for the position
DNI or NIE (valid and with work permit in Spain). If you do not have a NIE, please attach a statement that you commit to take the necessary steps to obtain a work and residence permit in Spain.
Photocopy of the titles of your studies
A minimum of 1 recommendation letter
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “Tech_MODEL” in the subject of the email. The deadline to submit the required documentation is May, 10th 2021.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.